Archive for the ‘Blog’ Category
Do you have an allergy to dogs?
This allergy is common among a lot of people around the world. This does not mean however that you are out of luck to buy a dog. There are dogs out there that are hypoallergenic and do not tend to irritate any allergy symptoms among people that are allergic to them. In fact, lots of short hair dog breeds are excellent hypoallergenic dogs for any loving owner. Do not worry, you do not have to research on your own about which dogs are hypoallergenic and which are not. We have a list of dogs for you right here that are hypoallergenic.
Did you know that Poodles are considered a hypoallergenic dog? Well, they are, and they are one of the most intelligent and well-mannered dogs known to exist. These guys are excellent pets for people that want to train their dog to practice proper etiquette. They are several sizes of this breed, too.
These are super playful and fun dogs. They are short hair dogs that you will not have to worry about cleaning up after. Because their hair does not shed a ridiculous amount which makes them even better hypoallergenic dogs. These dogs are small but super loving and kind dogs.
These dogs are super compatible with owners that love playtime but also enjoy their independence. Once these dogs are adults they do not require a lot of close attention because they are pretty independent. These dogs are super cute and another short-haired dog breed that is hypoallergenic.
If you thought that your dog allergy was going to prevent you from ever being able to get a dog, my friend, you have thought wrong. There are many options for owning a hypoallergenic dog. We hope this was helpful!
If you live in an apartment and are considering adding a puppy to your lease, you may be wondering just which puppies are good for an apartment lifestyle.
We understand why you may have this dilemma it is not always easy to care for a pet’s natural needs if you do not live on the first floor of a building and have quick and easy access to the outdoors. But it is definitely possible to raise a dog inside of an apartment style household, in fact, this is the reality for lots of Americans today. It is important also to consider these dog breeds that seem to function incredibly well in apartment housing type settings.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.
These dogs are known for being affectionate, reserved, loving, and playful. They enjoy being around their owners but do not make a lot of raucous when their owners are gone. These dogs make great apartment puppies. You do not have to worry about these guys barking loudly after you leave your home for work.
Bichon Frise Dogs.
These are super cute fun and loving dogs that are perfect for an apartment lifestyle. They are not a huge dog breed which means that their adorable small size does not require long walks. These dogs make super great apartment companions while also being the best of snuggle buddies.
These dogs are some of the most fun dogs known to nature. They are not too big, so they understand boundaries within your apartment. These dogs are super sweet and easy to care for. They enjoy spending time with their owners with almost any activity.
So if your lifestyle involves living in an apartment it is possible to own a dog and have a great experience. We believe that any dog can flourish in an apartment setting as long as they are cared for correctly. We suggested these dogs listed above because they are more accustomed to smaller living situations, but big dogs are very adaptable to any household setting as well.
There are lots of things to understand about dogs.
These guys are the best friends that anyone could ever ask for. In particular the Golden Retriever! These dogs are extremely special. There are some things that you must remember while taking care of these animals. They are pretty high maintenance and deserve a lot of attention. If you think that your home is a good fit for a dog you should take this information into consideration. Here are a few things to remember while taking care of and building a bond with a dog.
1. Dogs will love you unconditionally.
Dogs are one of nature’s sweetest creations. Dogs care so much about the people that they build bonds with it is hard for them to see you suffer without intervening and snuggling up with you. Even on your worst days, you can count on dogs to love you when you get home. Dogs are a special kind of love that everyone needs in their life.
2. Dogs need to be cared for correctly.
It is not acceptable to just leave out a bunch of food for a dog every day and expect that to be enough care for these animals. Most dogs need to be fed two to three times a day in order to be well cared for and maintain a healthy weight. With that said, dogs must also be taken on walks daily so that they get the appropriate amount of exercise to keep them healthy.
3. Understand that the circle of life is not limited just to humans.
Dogs age in dog years which is not the same as human years. For every one human year dogs age 7, so the time they spend being a puppy is pretty short. As dogs start to age they should be looked after and cared for just the same as you cared for them when they were puppies. They need close attention so that they can have a complete high-quality life.
It is important that you consider these three ideas before and while having a pet. Dogs age in dog years which means that this can sometimes be a very fast but extremely high-quality friendship. Even though dog years are faster than human years, by owning a dog you will think that you have spent an entire lifetime with the bond that you will create with these animals.
There are lots of great dogs out there but none of them compare to Bernese Mountain Dogs.
You may be wondering just what makes the Bernese Mountain Dog such a great friend. They are excellent companions and extremely protective of their families. These dogs are super loyal and would love to have a home and friend like you. There are certain things in this world that you just can not compare and the love that a Bernese Mountain Dog will give to you it is literally like no other. Here are some super fun facts about Bernese Mountain Dogs!
1. Did you know these dogs come from one of the most luxurious breeds in Switzerland?
Their name represents where they are from which is Bern Canton, Switzerland! Their fur prepares them for extremely cold weather which they had to be accustomed to living in a place like Switzerland. They are super intelligent dogs that have a keen hunting sense and alertness like no other.
2. They are insanely strong.
These dogs are known as being working dogs and their muscles can lift almost 1000 lbs of weight. Their strength is like no other dog in their class. They are trustworthy dogs that have your back.
3. They are weirdly good at reading human emotions.
These dogs have an excellent sense of humor which is something most people are unaware of. They are extremely humorous especially when they see that they are getting a good reaction out of you. These dogs are pure entertainment and love making their best buds laugh. This is just one of the reasons why Bernese Mountain Dogs make great family pets. Everyone can use a laugh here and there.
This is the year to buy a Bernese Mountain dog. They are super smart dogs and extremely humorous companions. If you are looking for a medium/large sized dog to bring home to your family this year look no further than the Bernese Mountain Dog. They are some of the most loving animals you could ever bring into your household.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, designer breeds are the latest craze and so many different dogs are being bred together with the hopes of creating a super dog! A perfect example of that are the Shichon puppies for sale and they just happen to be in our store! Continue reading to learn more.
Who are they?
Firstly, our apologies! We’ve jumped right into singing their praises, but what are Shichon puppies for sale? They are a crossbreed between a Shih Tzu and a Bichon Frise. Some say that the designer dog has picked up the small stature of the Shih Tzu and the friendly disposition that characterizes the Bichon Frise. Designer dog owners argue that mixed breeds help you get two dogs in one. It’s like the best of both worlds and we agree!
The Shichon is one of the most recent designer dogs, so it’s been kind of hard to exactly trace its origin, but one fact remains and that is it has grown to be a very popular breed in the United States in the last few years. It’s believed that one of its parent dogs, the Bichon Frise has been around since the thirteenth century but it’s only half a century ago that it was brought into the United States, in fact, it came to be recognized by the AKC 46 years ago.
Here are a few facts about Shichon puppies for sale!
- They’re also known as Zuchons or Teddy Bear Dogs (unsurprisingly this is because they “bear” an uncanny resemblance to cute and cuddly teddy bears)!
- The Shichon is a relatively healthy dog, with an average life expectancy between 15 and 18 years.
- The Shichon isn’t an overly hyperactive breed. They only need walking around five miles a week, so they don’t make the best work out buddies, FYI!
- Shichons are intelligent, so despite their stubborn temperament, they’re certainly trainable.
- The coloring of a Shichon puppy can change as they mature. Isn’t that so neat?
- On average, they only weigh between 10 and 15 pounds, when fully-grown and are just 9 to 12 inches. However, their fluffy coat often makes them look bigger than they actually are.
With our Shichon puppies for sale, you are guaranteed to get a designer dog that will make you happy for years to come. Contact us today to get started!
If you are looking for Pug puppies for sale, we applaud you, because you’re making a great decision. There is no getting around the warm and fuzzy feeling they give everyone. Surely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to Pugs because they have a “unique” look, that we just happen to love. Here are a few more reasons why our Pug puppies for sale are so popular!
For starters, let’s talk about the Pug’s history. Pug puppies originated in China and were bred down from one of the local mastiff-type dogs. They were transported to Holland via trading ships of the Dutch East India Company. In 1572, a Pug actually sounded the alarm that saved Prince William from Spanish soldiers that were approaching. After that event, Pugs were forever tied to the royal House of Orange.
Now, let’s get to some fun and interesting facts about Pug puppies for sale!
- Pugs served in the military. They weren’t in combat, as you probably guessed. They were actually used for tracking purposes. They were able to track the scents of dogs and humans, and at some point, they also served as guard dogs.
- In Germany, Pugs are called “mops.”
- Pugs are slowww movers! They’re not as slow as English Bulldogs, but they take their sweet time. That has a lot to do with the fact that they are incredibly slow runners. They can run, on average, 3 to 5 miles per hour. After that, they’re pooped!
- The word “Pug” comes from the Latin word “pugnus” for fist, which may be a reference to the Pug’s round face and head.
- We think our Pug puppies for sale are perfect, but do you know what makes are truly “perfect” Pug? It’s all in their tails. A perfect Pug is partly defined as one that has two curls in its tail.
- Even though Pugs have a natural chubby stature, they’re actually part of the Toy Group/Breed.
We hope that these fun facts and historical information about our Pug puppies for sale have been helpful and entertaining for you. Feel free to contact us or come visit our store to play with our Puggies!
Somehow, some way you’ve landed on our page. Were you searching for “Petland near me” or are you in the market for Husky puppies and you came directly to us? Either way…welcome! We’re glad you’re here and while we’ve got your attention, we aim to keep it by telling you a little bit more about us! We work really hard with such dedication to ensure we have the happiest and healthiest puppies in our stores! Here’s why we stand out.
Since 1967, we have been committed to helping thousands of families add new pets into their homes. Because of our dedication, we guarantee that our staff receives intensive training and continuing education. We all possess passion in what we do so the training is welcomed! In turn, our pet counselors are able to impart puppy wisdom on you. We take pride in caring for our pets, whether they’re puppies, kittens, or small animals – we love them all. Speaking of our precious puppies, here’s some information about their breeders.
Once you find the “Petland near me” that you were searching for, you’ll learn that all of our puppies, no matter the location, come from one of the following respectable and reputable breeders:
1. USDA licensed breeders and distributors with no direct violations on their latest inspection report. As of January 1, 2015, our policy extends to no direct violations in the previous 24 months. Inspection reports for federally licensed breeders are available free of charge on the USDA website.
2. Hobby breeders as defined by the Animal Welfare Act. These are breeders who raise their dogs in a humane manner.
3. Local adoption pets that are vet-checked. Additionally, some of our puppies and kittens come from local animal shelters or from members of the local community as part of Petland’s Adopt-A-Pet program, hundreds of thousands of shelter and community animals have been placed with caring families.
Our goal is to connect our puppies to caring and responsible pet owners so that they continue to have healthy and happy lives. If you’re in the market and searching for “Petland near me” to add some canine companionship to your life, check out our available puppies page by clicking here for the store locator https://www.petland.com/stores/map/index.html . You’ll see that we have many breeds of dogs including ever sought after Husky Puppies and French Bulldogs! Let us know your specifications and we’ll match the perfect puppy with your lifestyle.
Are you interested in buying a small dog this spring? Well although there are many cute dogs to buy this year, we advise you take a look at Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds! This is an incredible dog for many, many reasons. There are so many special characteristics of this dog. These dogs range from 12-13 inches and weigh anywhere from 13 to 18 pounds. They are pretty small dogs and need a lot of special attention. If you have a pretty free schedule or work at home these are the perfect dogs for you! Here are some special characteristics about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds.
1. They are extremely affectionate. These are really sweet and loving dogs. They really do care about their owner’s well-being which is why so many Americans fall in love with these dogs. There is no need to worry about whether or not this dog will want to build a bond with you because they will already start one from the time that they see you at our store.
2. They are super friendly with other dogs. These dogs really enjoy spending time with their owners as well as with other furry companions. They love interacting with other dogs and are extremely friendly when doing so. If you are wanting a dog that you can bring to a nearby dog park, then this is the right dog for you. Their social interactions with other dogs will ensure their happiness in your home and alertness.
3. They are great for families. These dogs can play a lot of different roles in the household. Not only are they going to build a bond with their original owner, but that bond will not be limited when creating a special connection with other people in your household. They are the best of friends and will even check on the kids and provide comfort when they may be upset.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds are very special. They have many amazing characteristics that should not be overlooked. These dogs would be the perfect pets to bring back home to a family. You will not be disappointed at how well-mannered these dogs are and how friendly they are. We have these little beauties in our store and they’re just waiting for you. Contact us today for more information!
Miniature Pinscher dog breeds are the best companion dogs anyone could ever ask for! You may not know it, but these dogs see their owners as the best part of their whole world. They love spending time with their owners and making sure that they comfort you in times when you need them the most. They range from about 10 inches to 1 foot tall and weigh about 8-11 pounds. As you can imagine these dogs are pretty small in size. Although they are smaller than most other dog breeds that do not mean that they require any less care. Here are some tips we have to help you take extremely good care of your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds.
1. Make sure your dog food meets their nutritional requirements. Small dogs sometimes have very specific nutritional requirements. Make sure that the dog food you buy them is not only high in quality but also small so that it is easier for them to get in their mouths. The food you buy them should have a reasonable number of calories and contain high protein content for their muscles to develop.
2. Take walks with your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds frequently. This is important because these dogs tend to have a lot of energy! They should be walked at least once a day or twice if your schedule allows for it. They need exercise to stay happy and alert and to avoid maladaptive behaviors.
3. Take your dog to the vet once every year for a checkup. The first visit to the vet should be to make sure your dog is vaccinated from rabies. The following appointments should be to make sure your dog does not have any health problems. Smaller dogs are likely to have joint problems if they are not cared for correctly so it is always important to get them checked at least once a year.
You should still stay super excited about owning your new friend, just understand that there are a few responsibilities you must take on to care for your dog and make sure they remain healthy. Do not ignore any of these tips if you want your furry friend to live a long and healthy life!
They are one handsome breed and there’s no denying that fact! The Miniature Schnauzer, when groomed like the American Kennel Club standard, is a dapper looking dog! Their bushy brows and manicured beards are to be rivaled! Besides their good looks, they are simply an endearing breed of dogs. Here’s more information about this magnificent breed!
What can’t we say about these playful and pleasant pups? They personify happiness and spunkiness. Overall, they have extraordinarily kind and protective dispositions. The miniature Schnauzer dog is friendly and gets along swimmingly well with other pets and are excellent with kids, both young and old. Oh, one other thing about the mini Schnauzer – they are lovers of zoomies! They will playfully go from 0 to 100 real quick, zipping and running from room to room. It’s quite comical.
When it comes to being a smarty pants, the trousers fit. The miniature Schnauzer is known for its intellect. Not only is training them a breeze, but it’s made easier and much more doable because of their high trainability. These puppies are incredibly smart and possess an eagerness to please and to be trained. Sounds like the perfect combination to us!
Miniature Schnauzers have a double coat. One is hard and wiry and the other is soft and silky. They shed very little and these pups don’t produce a lot of dander, which makes them great to be around people who have dog allergies, because they’re hypoallergenic.
The mini Schnauzer is an overall healthy breed with only a few ailments that are specific to them. They have a long lifespan of roughly 12 to 14 years and that means more fun and love to go around for a long time!
Quick Facts and Stats
- The breed was first recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1926. In 1933, the AKC recognized the miniature Schnauzer as a separate breed from the standard Schnauzer. Of the various Schnauzers that are recognized by the AKC, the mini Schnauzer is the most popular!
- The miniature Schnauzer originally came from Germany.
- Miniature Schnauzers used to be raised as farm dogs and were used as ratters. Their big beards that make them famous and easily identifiable were used to serve as thick armor to protect their faces from their prey.
- These dogs like to stick close to home and their owners, so you needn’t worry much about them aimlessly roaming and leaving. They’re there to stay!
Miniature Schnauzers are one-of-a-kind dogs and they will happily make a great addition to any family. Contact us for more information on this exceptional breed and how we can help you make your dog owning dreams come true!