Archive for the ‘Blog’ Category
If you are looking for Pug puppies for sale, we applaud you, because you’re making a great decision. There is no getting around the warm and fuzzy feeling they give everyone. Surely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to Pugs because they have a “unique” look, that we just happen to love. Here are a few more reasons why our Pug puppies for sale are so popular!
For starters, let’s talk about the Pug’s history. Pug puppies originated in China and were bred down from one of the local mastiff-type dogs. They were transported to Holland via trading ships of the Dutch East India Company. In 1572, a Pug actually sounded the alarm that saved Prince William from Spanish soldiers that were approaching. After that event, Pugs were forever tied to the royal House of Orange.
Now, let’s get to some fun and interesting facts about Pug puppies for sale!
- Pugs served in the military. They weren’t in combat, as you probably guessed. They were actually used for tracking purposes. They were able to track the scents of dogs and humans, and at some point, they also served as guard dogs.
- In Germany, Pugs are called “mops.”
- Pugs are slowww movers! They’re not as slow as English Bulldogs, but they take their sweet time. That has a lot to do with the fact that they are incredibly slow runners. They can run, on average, 3 to 5 miles per hour. After that, they’re pooped!
- The word “Pug” comes from the Latin word “pugnus” for fist, which may be a reference to the Pug’s round face and head.
- We think our Pug puppies for sale are perfect, but do you know what makes are truly “perfect” Pug? It’s all in their tails. A perfect Pug is partly defined as one that has two curls in its tail.
- Even though Pugs have a natural chubby stature, they’re actually part of the Toy Group/Breed.
We hope that these fun facts and historical information about our Pug puppies for sale have been helpful and entertaining for you. Feel free to contact us or come visit our store to play with our Puggies!
Somehow, some way you’ve landed on our page. Were you searching for “Petland near me” or are you in the market for Husky puppies and you came directly to us? Either way…welcome! We’re glad you’re here and while we’ve got your attention, we aim to keep it by telling you a little bit more about us! We work really hard with such dedication to ensure we have the happiest and healthiest puppies in our stores! Here’s why we stand out.
Since 1967, we have been committed to helping thousands of families add new pets into their homes. Because of our dedication, we guarantee that our staff receives intensive training and continuing education. We all possess passion in what we do so the training is welcomed! In turn, our pet counselors are able to impart puppy wisdom on you. We take pride in caring for our pets, whether they’re puppies, kittens, or small animals – we love them all. Speaking of our precious puppies, here’s some information about their breeders.
Once you find the “Petland near me” that you were searching for, you’ll learn that all of our puppies, no matter the location, come from one of the following respectable and reputable breeders:
1. USDA licensed breeders and distributors with no direct violations on their latest inspection report. As of January 1, 2015, our policy extends to no direct violations in the previous 24 months. Inspection reports for federally licensed breeders are available free of charge on the USDA website.
2. Hobby breeders as defined by the Animal Welfare Act. These are breeders who raise their dogs in a humane manner.
3. Local adoption pets that are vet-checked. Additionally, some of our puppies and kittens come from local animal shelters or from members of the local community as part of Petland’s Adopt-A-Pet program, hundreds of thousands of shelter and community animals have been placed with caring families.
Our goal is to connect our puppies to caring and responsible pet owners so that they continue to have healthy and happy lives. If you’re in the market and searching for “Petland near me” to add some canine companionship to your life, check out our available puppies page by clicking here for the store locator https://www.petland.com/stores/map/index.html . You’ll see that we have many breeds of dogs including ever sought after Husky Puppies and French Bulldogs! Let us know your specifications and we’ll match the perfect puppy with your lifestyle.
Are you interested in buying a small dog this spring? Well although there are many cute dogs to buy this year, we advise you take a look at Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds! This is an incredible dog for many, many reasons. There are so many special characteristics of this dog. These dogs range from 12-13 inches and weigh anywhere from 13 to 18 pounds. They are pretty small dogs and need a lot of special attention. If you have a pretty free schedule or work at home these are the perfect dogs for you! Here are some special characteristics about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds.
1. They are extremely affectionate. These are really sweet and loving dogs. They really do care about their owner’s well-being which is why so many Americans fall in love with these dogs. There is no need to worry about whether or not this dog will want to build a bond with you because they will already start one from the time that they see you at our store.
2. They are super friendly with other dogs. These dogs really enjoy spending time with their owners as well as with other furry companions. They love interacting with other dogs and are extremely friendly when doing so. If you are wanting a dog that you can bring to a nearby dog park, then this is the right dog for you. Their social interactions with other dogs will ensure their happiness in your home and alertness.
3. They are great for families. These dogs can play a lot of different roles in the household. Not only are they going to build a bond with their original owner, but that bond will not be limited when creating a special connection with other people in your household. They are the best of friends and will even check on the kids and provide comfort when they may be upset.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds are very special. They have many amazing characteristics that should not be overlooked. These dogs would be the perfect pets to bring back home to a family. You will not be disappointed at how well-mannered these dogs are and how friendly they are. We have these little beauties in our store and they’re just waiting for you. Contact us today for more information!
Miniature Pinscher dog breeds are the best companion dogs anyone could ever ask for! You may not know it, but these dogs see their owners as the best part of their whole world. They love spending time with their owners and making sure that they comfort you in times when you need them the most. They range from about 10 inches to 1 foot tall and weigh about 8-11 pounds. As you can imagine these dogs are pretty small in size. Although they are smaller than most other dog breeds that does not mean that they require any less care. Here are some tips we have to help you take extremely good care of your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds.
1. Make sure your dog food meets their nutritional requirements. Small dogs sometimes have very specific nutritional requirements. Make sure that the dog food you buy them is not only high in quality but also small so that it is easier for them to get in their mouths. The food you buy them should have a reasonable number of calories and contain high protein content for their muscles to develop.
2. Take walks with your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds frequently. This is important because these dogs tend to have a lot of energy! They should be walked at least once a day or twice if your schedule allows for it. They need exercise to stay happy and alert and to avoid maladaptive behaviors.
3. Take your dog to the vet once every year for a checkup. The first visit to the vet should be to make sure your dog is vaccinated from rabies. The following appointments should be to make sure your dog does not have any health problems. Smaller dogs are likely to have joint problems if they are not cared for correctly so it is always important to get them checked at least once a year.
You should still stay super excited about owning your new friend, just understand that there are a few responsibilities you must take on to care for your dog and make sure they remain healthy. Do not ignore any of these tips if you want your furry friend to live a long and healthy life!
They are one handsome breed and there’s no denying that fact! The Miniature Schnauzer, when groomed like the American Kennel Club standard, is a dapper looking dog! Their bushy brows and manicured beards are to be rivaled! Besides their good looks, they are simply an endearing breed of dogs. Here’s more information about this magnificent breed!
What can’t we say about these playful and pleasant pups? They personify happiness and spunkiness. Overall, they have extraordinarily kind and protective dispositions. The miniature Schnauzer dog is friendly and gets along swimmingly well with other pets and are excellent with kids, both young and old. Oh, one other thing about the mini Schnauzer – they are lovers of zoomies! They will playfully go from 0 to 100 real quick, zipping and running from room to room. It’s quite comical.
When it comes to being a smarty pants, the trousers fit. The miniature Schnauzer is known for its intellect. Not only is training them a breeze, but it’s made easier and much more doable because of their high trainability. These puppies are incredibly smart and possess an eagerness to please and to be trained. Sounds like the perfect combination to us!
Miniature Schnauzers have a double coat. One is hard and wiry and the other is soft and silky. They shed very little and these pups don’t produce a lot of dander, which makes them great to be around people who have dog allergies, because they’re hypoallergenic.
The mini Schnauzer is an overall healthy breed with only a few ailments that are specific to them. They have a long lifespan of roughly 12 to 14 years and that means more fun and love to go around for a long time!
Quick Facts and Stats
- The breed was first recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1926. In 1933, the AKC recognized the miniature Schnauzer as a separate breed from the standard Schnauzer. Of the various Schnauzers that are recognized by the AKC, the mini Schnauzer is the most popular!
- The miniature Schnauzer originally came from Germany.
- Miniature Schnauzers used to be raised as farm dogs and were used as ratters. Their big beards that make them famous and easily identifiable were used to serve as thick armor to protect their faces from their prey.
- These dogs like to stick close to home and their owners, so you needn’t worry much about them aimlessly roaming and leaving. They’re there to stay!
Miniature Schnauzers are one-of-a-kind dogs and they will happily make a great addition to any family. Contact us for more information on this exceptional breed and how we can help you make your dog owning dreams come true!
Not everyone has time to manage and groom dogs that have long, curly, and fancy hairstyles, so to speak! That’s why so many owners opt to buy short hair dogs that have more of a “get up and go” style. We kid around a bit, but you get our point. For those of you who want low maintenance short hair dogs, we’ve got the perfect post for you. Continue reading to learn more!
1. French Bulldogs
These pups are at the top of the list. Despite their name, these English pups are average shedders. You will need to invest in a lint brush or two. But other than a lint brush, you’ll just need to use a regular pet brush for weekly brushing. There’s not a lot to do with these beauties except love them!
2. Boston Terriers
Boston Terriers, known as America’s Little Gentleman, are also one of the favorites of small dog breeds, as well as one of the top short hair dogs. They’re incredibly easy to groom. Wipe them down once a month and brush them a few times a week, and you’re all set.
3. Smooth-Coated Chihuahuas
We’re not ranking our list, but if we were, the Chihuahua would be high on the list because they are one of the most beloved small short hair dogs! They are feisty and fun all in one small package. These pups are household staples across the country!
4. Short Haired Dachshunds
The famous little “Hot Dog” dog is full of personality. Their silliness and fearlessness will keep you entertained and in love consistently. They shed somewhat so keep up with weekly brushing, maybe 2 or 3 times, and you’ll be able to keep a good handle on their loose hairs.
Though these adorable pups are prone to obesity, they are still part of the small dog breeds group. They are so sweet and loving and they are goofballs, too! Be prepared to be amused often with these short hair dogs. You’ll fair well with purchasing brushing mitts to smooth over their bodies and remove their loose hairs. Pugs have m
Our Boxer puppies for sale could be the four-legged furry family member you’ve always wanted!
We always have Boxer puppies for sale in our store! These regal and statuesque dogs are the rave, and have been for years! Why are Boxer puppies so darn loved and desired? Continue reading to learn the top reason why.
They are family friendly dogs. That’s it! There’s the secret that’s not well kept. There is absolutely nothing better than exploring the world of getting a puppy and researching the many breeds of dogs! It’s a fun experience that your entire family can share. What’s even better is discovering that Boxer puppies for sale are considered to be excellent additions to families with kids. They are big but gentle and very patient dogs. They know how to give off the “tough and don’t come near me and my family” look to strangers. Conversely, they innately know exactly how to be kind and loving with their family members! These dogs will play with your kids on end because guess what – they stay in the puppy stage well longer than a lot of other breeds! You’ll have fun for countless days and make unbelievable memories.
Now is the time to take full advantage of purchasing one of our Boxer puppies for sale! Just because the holidays have come and gone, doesn’t mean you can’t still get the gift that keeps on giving for your family. The companionship of a Boxer and its family is like none other. If you still have questions or aren’t’ sure if the Boxer is right for you, that’s okay! You can also take a look at all of our available puppies by checking out our page by clicking here. Contact us, because we will help you to match the perfect dog to fit your and your family’s lifestyle and home life. After all, we want all parties involved to be furrr-ever happy together for years to come.
Have you been considering getting a dog but have pressed pause because you live in an apartment? Forgive us, but those are archaic thoughts. Plenty of people have apartment puppies and they’re more common than you may think. There is some preparation you’ll need to make beforehand but most importantly, purchases you’ll need to make the transition from to your home a smooth one.
Check for apartment breed or weight restrictions.
There are some puppy breeds like Rottweilers start out small and soon grow to be larger than life. If your apartment has breed or weight restrictions, find out before you get any apartment puppies. Pop into your leasing office confined out their policies and if there are any associated fees.
Once you’ve gotten the green light, it’s time to make purchases.
You’ll need a crate.
Crate training is a great way to help your puppy get adjusted to your apartment. Even the best apartment puppies will need training and appreciate it. We can help you with selecting the best crates and how to get started on implementing the training. Crate training should be a comfortable experience for both you and your puppy.
You’ll need toys.
We can’t stress enough that making sure that your puppy has toys and some sense of entertainment is important. Apartment puppies may have limited space, so providing toys will help with their boredom. Also, it will keep your furniture and shoes safe, as bored puppies are sometimes destructive ones!
You’ll need treats.
Whether they’re training treats or “just because” treats, they’re a necessary part of keeping your dog happy. Treats help with training because many dogs are heavily treated motivated and will only respond to learning commands and tricks with treats as the rewards.
You’ll need high-quality food.
Feeding your puppy high-quality food will ensure your puppy feels and looks good. Just like humans crave and consume junk foods, puppies will enjoy junk foods but they should not consume any! There are tons of cheap and low-quality foods that you should avoid feeding your pups. Instead, you want to stick to a healthy and nutritional diet.
We feel these are some of the most essential and yet basic things you’ll need to get the best apartment puppies acclimated to their new home and environment. For any other questions or guidance, feel free to contact us.
English Bulldogs are some of the most recognizable breeds. They’re tenacious, goofy, and great family pets. If you’ve been looking for Bulldog breeders in GA, stop and come into our store! We deal with only the best Bulldog breeders in GA and we can’t wait for you to see. Since you’re in the exclusive market, we’ve put together some information about Bulldog puppies. Continue reading to learn and if you have any questions, we can answer them.
Why Are They So Tenacious?
Bulldog puppies in the past went through a lot to get to the point where they’re such beloved household pets. They have quite the history and were involved in what’s called “bull baiting.” Considered a recreational sport, bull baiting was when a dog made its body as parallel to the ground as possible and sneakingly dashes out to bite a bull in the nose or its head area. Bulldogs weren’t the only dogs. All the breeds of dogs that were also engaged in bull baiting had strong jaws, massive heads, and muscular bodies. These dogs also had stoic and determined temperaments, like Pit Bull Terriers. Bull baiting was banned in 1835, due to the support of the Cruelty to Animals Act passed in the Parliament.
Variations of Bulldog Puppies
Most people don’t know that there are several different types of Bulldogs? There are American Bulldogs, English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, and Olde English Bulldogs? They all have different looks, histories, and different personalities. It can be hard to figure out which is for you, which is why we can help and you no longer need to search for Bulldog breeders in GA.
Bulldog puppies are little snorting and snoring darlings and they are great with kids. If you’re serious and ready for tons of fun, then contact us today. Take a look at our available puppies page for more information or give us a call.
Dogs do the darnedestthings sometimes, don’t they?
Besides being comical they have the tendency to do weird things, like eating stuff that they shouldn’t! In this post, we’re exploring their desire to eat dirt. What does it mean? Should you be alarmed? Here are five reasons why dogs eat dirt.
It Tastes Good
One obvious reason dogs eat dirt is because it tastes good. For instance, if there was a cookout in the backyard and some food dropped in the surrounding area, one of your purebred dogs might just take a few bites. This is a less serious reason so don’t be too alarmed.
Your dog may be eating dirt because he’s actually searching for minerals and vitamins that they may be missing in their daily diet. Make sure that your purebred dogs are fed healthy and nutritional diets.
Just like humans, dogs get bored and they do some weird things to entertain themselves. As odd as it may seem to pick up that as a habit, it could be because of a behavioral issue with your pup. Believe it or not, dogs can suffer from OCD and start eating dirt as part of that disorder. You may want to consult with a vet or animal behaviorist for assistance.
Chronic Health Concerns
As we mentioned in #2, when purebred dogs search for vitamins and minerals in such a way, this could be a sign of something more serious. Inflammatory bowel disease could be one reason.
Soothing an Upset Stomach
There are some types of dirt that contain clay that can actually soothe digestive issues your dogs may be having. Some say that dogs instinctively consume it in order to heal themselves, so to speak.
When dogs eat dirt, it may not always be the worst thing however it should be monitored for the very reasons we’ve outline. If you’ve started to notice a more habitual problem, we recommend that you contact your vet.