Archive for October, 2017
If You’re Looking for Puppies for Sale, Petland Has the Best Selection in the State!
Petland is so much more than just small animals, birds, reptiles, fish and supplies! Many people don’t realize that we also carry more breeds of puppies than any other location in the state. This includes many different kinds of small, medium and large breed puppies for sale for you to kiss, cuddle and love on!
How you can interact with our puppies for sale
Our puppy socialization rooms make it easy for you and your family to bond with your potential new puppy in privacy. Our knowledgeable Pet Counselors can work with you on which puppies might be right for your situation and environment. We can also advise you on which puppies fit your energy level, so everybody stays happy and healthy! Since we have tons of different breeds, we can definitely find the perfect one for you!
What our puppies come home with
We have special packages that will help you take home everything you need to properly train your new pupper. When it comes to housebreaking and teething, you want to be ahead of the curve when it comes to training. You wouldn’t want to sacrifice a new pair of shoes or an expensive rug to an untrained puppy. Our Pet Counselors will walk you through pet ownership in an easy to understand way, so the whole family can be in on the fun!
Our puppies always have the most extensive medical records
When it comes to the best in vaccinations, wormings and preventative medications, Petland cannot be beat! We believe that to truly stand behind the health of our puppies for sale, they need to have the best medical care available. We also have the highest buying standards for puppies of any other pet retail location. We want to continue to raise the bar for the medical care of both puppies and puppy parents in this industry. Check out more at our Petland Cares website!
Those sad eyes, wrinkly faces and trip-over worthy ears, our Basset hound puppies will be love at first sight!
The Basset hound is thought to come from as far back as the 1500s when the French were using low slung, heavy-bodied hounds to trail rabbits. The word “bas” is French for “low” befitting the Basset hound’s signature stature. For hunters, the Basset was the ideal companion as its slow and steady gait was easy to trail after. In the United States, the Basset quickly moved on from hunting dog to beloved family pet. Familiarized to the public by cartoons, commercials and mascots, the Basset remains a very popular large breed dog to this day. This laid-back breed is easily one of the most recognizable in the dog world, but what else do you know about Basset? Don’t worry, that’s where we come in! Read on for interesting facts about the Basset hound. Petland often has Basset hound puppies for sale, check them out on our available puppies page!
This hound dog will steal your heart, check out more on their breed and personality:
- Bassets are heavy-boned dogs with a thick body on short, stubby legs. Because they are a large breed, Bassets are slow maturing dogs, often not reaching full size until two years old. They have an average weight of 40-80lbs!
- The Basset has a short, shiny coat that comes in typical hound colors: red and white and tri-color, with ticking being fairly common. They don’t require much grooming and are considered average to heavy shedders.
- The Basset hound is a friendly, outgoing breed. Originally used hunting with a pack, they tend to be good with other dogs and other pets. Bassets are people oriented and get along well with children.
- Because they are hound dogs, they have that deep baying bark typical of the category. They do better having a bigger environment and yard, even though they have minimal exercise requirements, as they like to wander scenting around.
- Bassets need patience and a firm hand with training. They have a keen mind, but get distracted easily.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Basset hound owner? We think so too! Give us a call today to learn more about the Basset hound puppies in our store!