Archive for March, 2019
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, designer breeds are the latest craze and so many different dogs are being bred together with the hopes of creating a super dog! A perfect example of that are the Shichon puppies for sale and they just happen to be in our store! Continue reading to learn more.
Who are they?
Firstly, our apologies! We’ve jumped right into singing their praises, but what are Shichon puppies for sale? They are a crossbreed between a Shih Tzu and a Bichon Frise. Some say that the designer dog has picked up the small stature of the Shih Tzu and the friendly disposition that characterizes the Bichon Frise. Designer dog owners argue that mixed breeds help you get two dogs in one. It’s like the best of both worlds and we agree!
The Shichon is one of the most recent designer dogs, so it’s been kind of hard to exactly trace its origin, but one fact remains and that is it has grown to be a very popular breed in the United States in the last few years. It’s believed that one of its parent dogs, the Bichon Frise has been around since the thirteenth century but it’s only half a century ago that it was brought into the United States, in fact, it came to be recognized by the AKC 46 years ago.
Here are a few facts about Shichon puppies for sale!
- They’re also known as Zuchons or Teddy Bear Dogs (unsurprisingly this is because they “bear” an uncanny resemblance to cute and cuddly teddy bears)!
- The Shichon is a relatively healthy dog, with an average life expectancy between 15 and 18 years.
- The Shichon isn’t an overly hyperactive breed. They only need walking around five miles a week, so they don’t make the best work out buddies, FYI!
- Shichons are intelligent, so despite their stubborn temperament, they’re certainly trainable.
- The coloring of a Shichon puppy can change as they mature. Isn’t that so neat?
- On average, they only weigh between 10 and 15 pounds, when fully-grown and are just 9 to 12 inches. However, their fluffy coat often makes them look bigger than they actually are.
With our Shichon puppies for sale, you are guaranteed to get a designer dog that will make you happy for years to come. Contact us today to get started!
If you are looking for Pug puppies for sale, we applaud you, because you’re making a great decision. There is no getting around the warm and fuzzy feeling they give everyone. Surely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to Pugs because they have a “unique” look, that we just happen to love. Here are a few more reasons why our Pug puppies for sale are so popular!
For starters, let’s talk about the Pug’s history. Pug puppies originated in China and were bred down from one of the local mastiff-type dogs. They were transported to Holland via trading ships of the Dutch East India Company. In 1572, a Pug actually sounded the alarm that saved Prince William from Spanish soldiers that were approaching. After that event, Pugs were forever tied to the royal House of Orange.
Now, let’s get to some fun and interesting facts about Pug puppies for sale!
- Pugs served in the military. They weren’t in combat, as you probably guessed. They were actually used for tracking purposes. They were able to track the scents of dogs and humans, and at some point, they also served as guard dogs.
- In Germany, Pugs are called “mops.”
- Pugs are slowww movers! They’re not as slow as English Bulldogs, but they take their sweet time. That has a lot to do with the fact that they are incredibly slow runners. They can run, on average, 3 to 5 miles per hour. After that, they’re pooped!
- The word “Pug” comes from the Latin word “pugnus” for fist, which may be a reference to the Pug’s round face and head.
- We think our Pug puppies for sale are perfect, but do you know what makes are truly “perfect” Pug? It’s all in their tails. A perfect Pug is partly defined as one that has two curls in its tail.
- Even though Pugs have a natural chubby stature, they’re actually part of the Toy Group/Breed.
We hope that these fun facts and historical information about our Pug puppies for sale have been helpful and entertaining for you. Feel free to contact us or come visit our store to play with our Puggies!
Somehow, some way you’ve landed on our page. Were you searching for “Petland near me” or are you in the market for Husky puppies and you came directly to us? Either way…welcome! We’re glad you’re here and while we’ve got your attention, we aim to keep it by telling you a little bit more about us! We work really hard with such dedication to ensure we have the happiest and healthiest puppies in our stores! Here’s why we stand out.
Since 1967, we have been committed to helping thousands of families add new pets into their homes. Because of our dedication, we guarantee that our staff receives intensive training and continuing education. We all possess passion in what we do so the training is welcomed! In turn, our pet counselors are able to impart puppy wisdom on you. We take pride in caring for our pets, whether they’re puppies, kittens, or small animals – we love them all. Speaking of our precious puppies, here’s some information about their breeders.
Once you find the “Petland near me” that you were searching for, you’ll learn that all of our puppies, no matter the location, come from one of the following respectable and reputable breeders:
1. USDA licensed breeders and distributors with no direct violations on their latest inspection report. As of January 1, 2015, our policy extends to no direct violations in the previous 24 months. Inspection reports for federally licensed breeders are available free of charge on the USDA website.
2. Hobby breeders as defined by the Animal Welfare Act. These are breeders who raise their dogs in a humane manner.
3. Local adoption pets that are vet-checked. Additionally, some of our puppies and kittens come from local animal shelters or from members of the local community as part of Petland’s Adopt-A-Pet program, hundreds of thousands of shelter and community animals have been placed with caring families.
Our goal is to connect our puppies to caring and responsible pet owners so that they continue to have healthy and happy lives. If you’re in the market and searching for “Petland near me” to add some canine companionship to your life, check out our available puppies page by clicking here for the store locator https://www.petland.com/stores/map/index.html . You’ll see that we have many breeds of dogs including ever sought after Husky Puppies and French Bulldogs! Let us know your specifications and we’ll match the perfect puppy with your lifestyle.
Are you interested in buying a small dog this spring? Well although there are many cute dogs to buy this year, we advise you take a look at Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds! This is an incredible dog for many, many reasons. There are so many special characteristics of this dog. These dogs range from 12-13 inches and weigh anywhere from 13 to 18 pounds. They are pretty small dogs and need a lot of special attention. If you have a pretty free schedule or work at home these are the perfect dogs for you! Here are some special characteristics about Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds.
1. They are extremely affectionate. These are really sweet and loving dogs. They really do care about their owner’s well-being which is why so many Americans fall in love with these dogs. There is no need to worry about whether or not this dog will want to build a bond with you because they will already start one from the time that they see you at our store.
2. They are super friendly with other dogs. These dogs really enjoy spending time with their owners as well as with other furry companions. They love interacting with other dogs and are extremely friendly when doing so. If you are wanting a dog that you can bring to a nearby dog park, then this is the right dog for you. Their social interactions with other dogs will ensure their happiness in your home and alertness.
3. They are great for families. These dogs can play a lot of different roles in the household. Not only are they going to build a bond with their original owner, but that bond will not be limited when creating a special connection with other people in your household. They are the best of friends and will even check on the kids and provide comfort when they may be upset.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel dog breeds are very special. They have many amazing characteristics that should not be overlooked. These dogs would be the perfect pets to bring back home to a family. You will not be disappointed at how well-mannered these dogs are and how friendly they are. We have these little beauties in our store and they’re just waiting for you. Contact us today for more information!
Miniature Pinscher dog breeds are the best companion dogs anyone could ever ask for! You may not know it, but these dogs see their owners as the best part of their whole world. They love spending time with their owners and making sure that they comfort you in times when you need them the most. They range from about 10 inches to 1 foot tall and weigh about 8-11 pounds. As you can imagine these dogs are pretty small in size. Although they are smaller than most other dog breeds that do not mean that they require any less care. Here are some tips we have to help you take extremely good care of your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds.
1. Make sure your dog food meets their nutritional requirements. Small dogs sometimes have very specific nutritional requirements. Make sure that the dog food you buy them is not only high in quality but also small so that it is easier for them to get in their mouths. The food you buy them should have a reasonable number of calories and contain high protein content for their muscles to develop.
2. Take walks with your Miniature Pinscher dog breeds frequently. This is important because these dogs tend to have a lot of energy! They should be walked at least once a day or twice if your schedule allows for it. They need exercise to stay happy and alert and to avoid maladaptive behaviors.
3. Take your dog to the vet once every year for a checkup. The first visit to the vet should be to make sure your dog is vaccinated from rabies. The following appointments should be to make sure your dog does not have any health problems. Smaller dogs are likely to have joint problems if they are not cared for correctly so it is always important to get them checked at least once a year.
You should still stay super excited about owning your new friend, just understand that there are a few responsibilities you must take on to care for your dog and make sure they remain healthy. Do not ignore any of these tips if you want your furry friend to live a long and healthy life!