Archive for June, 2017
If You Are Looking for a Family Dog with Protection Abilities, German Shepherds for Sale Are the Way to Go!
While the German Shepherd Dog is touted as America’s favorite police, guard and military dog, it isn’t all about work and no play! This is one of the most popular breeds in America and shows no evidence of slowing down. Arguably one of the most recognizable breeds of dog, the GSD is a stalwart companion and is considered extremely loyal, even past all of those good looks. Here at Petland, the German is one of our most sought after large breeds, and for good reason! There are so many personality traits that make the GSD a perfect four-legged addition to many families.
A closer look at the famous German Shepherd Dog:
- It probably goes without saying that the German indeed hails from Germany and was brought to the U.S. in 1907. They started out as herding dogs, but once it was realized their capacity for hard work, the GSD exploded on the scene as a premier service breed.
- The German has a couple variations on their coats, with sable and black and tan being the most common. However, they also come in black and silver, all-over black and white.
- Their coats are longish, but do not require clipping or trimming. As you can probably guess, German owners are in for a bit of shedding, so we suggest using de-shedding brushes weekly.
- They range in size from about 55lbs all the way up past 100lbs! Their lifespan is about 10-12 years.
- The German trains excellently, but does require a firm hand with that training. You must be consistent with training, they have a tendency towards doing what they want, instead of what you want!
- The German is an active outside breed, but curiously calm indoors. This makes the well-suited for apartment life as long as they get the exercise and mental stimulation that they need. A German kept indoors all the time may turn antsy or destructive, the need to be challenged.
- Germans are great with children. However, they need to be introduced to all manner of people and environments while they are puppies, otherwise they are very wary of unknown situations.
Like we said before, there are so many reasons to open your home to a German Shepherd puppy! We promise you won’t regret it! Want to check out all of our available German Shepherds for sale? Take a peek at our available puppies page to see pictures or stop by the store for a snuggle!
Our Cavalier Puppies for Sale Are Good for Cuddles, Kisses and Lots of Love!
Hello fellow animal lovers! Here at Petland, we think that the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the sweetest, most precious-faced breeds out there! While their name might be a bit of a mouthful, the Cavalier is actually one of the easiest breeds to place with a new family because of their laid-back disposition. As a breed that was once bred for royal families, they remain the ultimate lap dog to this day. In fact, this breed is so popular that we always have Cavalier puppies for sale in our store!
Want to know a little more about this regal breed? Check out these facts about the Cavalier:
- The Cavalier is extremely versatile as a dog breed. They are able to work well in smaller apartments or sprawling country farms. With minimal exercise requirements, the Cavalier can thrive almost anywhere!
- Their coats are long, but no clipping or trimming is required. They shed only seasonally and need only weekly brushings to keep their fur in tip top shape.
- They typically weigh between 13-19lbs, with an average lifespan of 12-15 years. Cavaliers have a tendency to become overweight, so tread lightly with the treats and no human food please!
- The Cavalier excels in agility and obedience show, however they need a patient and consistent training regimen for housebreaking.
- Cavaliers are wonderful with children, which is sometimes hard to find with small breeds. The also make great therapy pets and work well with elderly people.
- Because of their slightly smushed faces, the Cavalier does not do well in the heat. Make sure to limit their time outside in the summer to keep them from overheating.
Did you find that you love the Cavalier as much as we do? We sure hope so! Make sure you visit our available puppies page to see all of our adorable Cavalier puppies for sale. Or give us a call today to come down and see our puppies in person and get some kisses for yourself!